Saturday, January 30, 2010

LOST!!!



The greatest television show in the history of the world returns Tuesday, for it's final season.

Lost premiered on September 22, 2004 and it proved to be a day that changed television forever. After the first season, I was 10 years old. Someone told me about some show called Lost with one of the hobbits from The Lord of the Rings. At my young age, my TV viewing habits were limited to Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel. My brother and I went to the now out of business West Coast Video in Closter, NJ to rent a movie. At the video store, we saw the DVD's for season one of Lost, and we gave it a try. This was probably the best video renting decision of my young life.

My brother and I went home, popped in disc one and both of our lives were suddenly altered forever. From that famous first image of Jack's eyes opening, we were hooked. We watched season one in about three days, and then when season two came around, every Wednesday night we could be found plopped down on the couch in front of the TV being transported to another world. The world we were being transported to was one of mystery, suspense, romance, magic, and basically everything else you could think of. The characters in Lost have always been second to none, and as each season has passed, more has been revealed. Lost makes you think, it makes you feel. Lost fans have been on a journey through 5 seasons of incredible TV, and now there are only 16 episodes left. I will no doubt be sad when Lost ends, but I will also know that in decades to come, this show will be considered a classic, that will never die.

There are so many questions (too many to list) that need to be answered in the final season, and I suspect many of them won't be. But I think that's part of the beauty of Lost, it's a show that you can always find something to talk about because there are always unanswered questions. I have no idea how Lost will end and I can't wait to see. Will we ever find out what exactly the island is? I guess we'll have to watch to find out...

3 comments:

  1. Ezra Oliff-LiebermanJanuary 30, 2010 at 11:43 AM

    Lost is the greatest show ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is going to happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I'll have to stay in for a week and watch the entire series. I know I would love it.

    ReplyDelete