Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dunk contest and Steph

Dunks

LeBron James is scared!!!

The lineup for the NBA Slam Dunk contest has been announced and the participants will be Nate Robinson, Shannon Brown, Gerald Wallace, and either Eric Gordon or DeMar DeRozan. But NO LEBRON! LBJ announced at last year's dunk contest that he would compete this year, but unless there are last minute changes it looks like LeBron will not keep his promise. The lineup for this year's dunk contest is very disappointing and besides Nate Robinson (the defending champ) there is not one household name competing.

The NBA slam dunk contest was once the most exciting skills competition in sports. It was better than the home run derby, better than the NHL shootout contest, and way better than any of the stupid NFL skill competitions. But now it seems that the dunk contest is shrinking into obscurity. The dunk is one of the most exciting plays in sports and the dunk contest is a great way to showcase it. The dunk contest has been won by some of the greatest players of all time including Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins, Spud Webb, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant, and Dwight Howard but in 2010 this is the best lineup the NBA could get!!! Where is LeBron?

The only explanation for LeBron backing off his word and not competing is that he is scared. LBJ could not take the embarrassment if he lost to say, Gerald Wallace. LeBron should suck it up and do what he said he would do; after all the dunk contest is for the fans and fans want to see LeBron. So, I plead with you LeBron, please enter the dunk contest and stop being such a baby! You're not having much luck with winning championships, maybe you'll get lucky and win the dunk contest.

Steph
If you have not heard yet, Stephon Marbury has signed a $25K deal with the Shanxi Zhongyu of the Chinese Basketball Association. Since Steph's bizarre internet videos were posted, the former Knicks and Nets (and more teams) guard has managed to stay out of the news. It's good to see that Steph has not physically hurt himself, like I thought he would, and that he will be playing basketball and working on business ventures in China. Good for you Steph! Maybe in China he can start building cities and being a "comet" as he said.

"I'm going to set up a foundation for the world. I'm going to take the money and start building cities all over the world. I'm a comet. My man told me I'm a comet. I said, 'I’m a comet?'"
-Stephon Marbury

2 comments:

  1. The all-star break is gonna suck this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah Oliff-LiebermanJanuary 21, 2010 at 1:50 PM

    I agree that Lebron James is scared of the dunk contest but I still respect him too. What can I say he's not bad he's a good player and I hope he comes to the Knicks.

    ReplyDelete